Here's the birthday in a nutshell...
- Tom came home with a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me!
- We drove up to Morrisville to see Tom's dad's band, In Kahootz, play. They were awesome and we enjoyed watching them play
- Went for a 5-mile easy run
- Met up with some UVM interns for dinner at the Skinny Pancake. I really love savory crepes. I ordered the Deja Vu, which is sausage, cheddar cheese, and apples in a crepe, drizzled with Vermont Maple syrup. Yum.
- Headed to Bagito's for some coffee with the interns, and enjoyed some music from Montpelier's Jazz band.
- Met up with Tom and watched him eat two tacos from Mad Tacos. He didn't make it in time for dinner with the interns.
- Headed to the Savoy Theater (my first time there!) to see Albert Nobbs. What an interesting movie.....
- Headed home to discover some Lake Champlain Chocolates and peanut butter cups under my pillow!! How sweet! (heh - literally!)
- Woke up and immediately (I mean, I just turned off my alarm) received a package of Birthday Cake Oreos and a card from Tom
- Headed out for a 20 miler with my friend Rachel. We averaged 8:10 per mile and enjoyed a gorgeous morning. By the time we got back it was up in the 40s
- Found a giant banner in our living room after my post-run shower
- Took an hour nap by accident
- Walked around Montpelier. I'm pretty sure everyone was out there. It was well into the 50s by the afternoon and few were wearing jackets
- Met my dad, brother, and my dad's GF for dinner at Sarducci's. We were stuuuuffed when we left.
- Came home to enjoy some of my dad's strawberry shortcake, to open gifts, and to hear a lot of hilarious stories. My dad seems to always have a good one to tell!
|Wilson showed off his awesome high-five skills|
The best part about birthdays are spending them with those that you love. It's too bad they only come around once a year!
Questions for you!
- Have you seen Albert Nobbs? If so, what did you think? If not, are you planning on it?
- What did you do in the warm weather this weekend?