Three weeks ago I was asked to make a cake for one of Tom's co-worker's son. He was turning 4 and loved Kung Fu Panda. I thought of the perfect cake, but sometimes things don't go according to plan.
I rushed home from cake class Monday night to bake the cakes. After 2 failed pandas, 1 burned cake, a frosted panda that toppled over onto the frosted cake (all of which had to be re-iced), soupy frosting, a day to create, and many instances where the cake almost got thrown onto the wall, I finally had something to present. And it wasn't anything like I had pictured....
I definitely need to plan in advance for something like this. My kitchen was a mess after - pans all over, bags full of frosting, discolored counter tops, and sugar strewn about. I felt so relieved to finally have it finished.
The boulders were Tom's addition. You can see the discoloration in the orange cake and the soupy frosting in the letters..... Oh well.
1. Make & color frosting days in advance (for me at least...or I may start to stress out)
2. Add more confectioner's sugar to soupy frosting - don't just assume it'll do.
3. Take time to smooth out the base frosting (orange on this cake)
4. Decorate the panda once it has been placed on the cake. Do not decorate it first
5. Perhaps sketch the cake ahead of time
6. Wilton's Chocolate Buttercream frosting recipe is delicious!
7. Do not turn the oven off until all cakes have been baked....I put a cake in, let it "bake" for 30 minutes, took it out and it looked exactly like it had when I put it in.
8. Don't let cake batter sit in a greased/floured pan for more than 1 minute before putting it into the often. Did it 3 times and each of those cakes ripped when coming out of the pan or they burned.... Apparently the grease and flour is soaked up by the batter. Who would of thought...
Cake baking is a wonderful hobby and joyfulness. It will definitely make the mind pleasure and stress-free.ReplyDelete
baking classes in chennai
baking courses in chennai
cake baking classes in chennai
cake making classes in chennai
best baking classes in chennai
Thank you so much, wishing you great success in your catering business. See how WarmOven a Food-Tech Startup offering cakes laden with Freshness in India.ReplyDelete
This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. Panda DogReplyDelete
Really appreciate you sharing this article post. Much thanks again. Much obliged. singapore best couple baking classReplyDelete
Great thanks for sharing this article. Keep writing. hari raya cookies singaporeReplyDelete
Very neat article post. Really looking forward to read more. Will read on... check durian cakeReplyDelete