I feel fortunate that nothing happened here. However, the folks in NJ and NYC have been on my mind all day. The photos and videos on the news are unbelievable. I know that they will be able to clean up, but it is so hard to imagine how to go about that.
Teaching Earth Science makes me more and more aware of just how powerful nature is, and we certainly saw that force yesterday.
And yes, I do realize that these are nothing in comparison to what people up north are dealing with. I feel guilty for writing them because they are dealing with so much worse. But here goes....
The biggest unknown of concern: Is the marathon going to go on? All reports up to now say yes.
Other unknowns running through my mind:
- Will Amtrak be running by Saturday?
- Will I actually make it up to NYC?
- Will I make it to the marathon expo before it closes?
- WHERE AM I GOING TO STAY?!?!??! (This is my second biggest unknown of concern)
- How will I get to the start?
- How will all of us get to the start?
- Where is the start? (this was unknown before today)
- Is there hope of the subway working on Saturday or Sunday?
- Will I get back home on Sunday night?
Of course none of you will be able to answer these questions, but it feels better to get them out. *sigh* They say that things always work out in the end, so we'll see just how it all works out.